Learn the basic concepts of parametric computer aided design (CAD) to create precise 2D sketches and 3D parts for CNC tools here at The Workshop. Onshape is a powerful browser based CAD program that offers a free version for non-commercial use.
A few things to know:
- Students need to register for a free Onshape account prior to class – there will not be time in class to register. Click here to register your account.
- While this is a beginner’s 3D design class, students should have strong computer skills and preferably have experience drawing on the computer in other software packages such as Inkscape, Illustrator, or another CAD software.
Instruction will cover:
- An introduction to the Onshape user interface
- Basic understanding of drawing planes
- Working with sketches
- Controlling visibility
- An introduction to working with constraints
- Setting up design variables
- 3D processes such as creation of extrusions and fillets
- How to export a sketch (2D)
- How to export a part (3D)
Ages: Adults and teens 13+
Open to the Public
Instructor: James L.
Prerequisite: Basic computer knowledge and skills
Class may be cancelled/rescheduled if minimum class size is not met 3 days prior.